Dru Hill's Sisqo 'blesses' Speedy with a platinum diamond chain

 Hip-hop musician Speedy’s long-term relationship with US superstar Sisqo has just moved to the next level. The US singer has given him a custom-made diamond-encrusted platinum chain.

Taking to social media Speedy wasted no time in showing off the flashy piece of jewelry.
Speedy also explained that Sisqo had the chain made for him to thank him for being a loyal friend‚ who has become like family.
The former Bongo Muffin musician also took the opportunity to share how his relationship with Sisqo has grown over the years.
“My history/story with @sisqo and @druhill4ever is a personal one and goes way back. You don’t have understand it but you will respect it. As a kid from Soweto I admired an American RnB group named Dru Hill. As a kid from ekasi/Soweto I never dreamt or thought that I could ever meet or be friends with my American brothers and sisters‚” Speedy said.
Speedy explained that growing up in a previously disadvantaged community just made some things seem impossible.
“Growing up we were told it was impossible. I believed and worked hard‚so today I was given this chain as a symbol of loyalty and friendship‚” he added.

ALSO READ: Sisqo is my friend. His father drives me around when I'm in the US

Speedy still in fast lane of swag

Speedy is out to prove that his star still possesses some wattage.

The rubbish heap of has-been '90s kwaito stars is not where he belongs, but on the cutting edge of the new Afrobeat sound taking Africa and the world by storm.
He has spent the last year and a half travelling between the US and South Africa, linking up with old contacts he made at the height of Bongo Maffin's fame and dominance of the music scene.
And after some five years, Speedy, whose real name is Harold Matlhaku, is ready to claim his place with the feisty Impumelelo. A single produced by 21-year-old Lwazi Kohlase.
"I always source out new talent. I don't believe in old big name producers because I find that younger artists and producers have the hunger.
"Lwazi happened to be my fan that I've known for three or four years and he sent me the guide for the beats he programmed for me and I liked it. I liked that it had that Nigerian Afrobeat sound."
Speedy says his travels have proved to him that the Afrobeat sound was big in the US.
"So I had an idea to fuse Afrobeat and South African influence. I want to conquer that area through Speedy Records that I established in 2009, like Wizkid and Davido did.
The last time Speedy released was Second Sunrise in 2010.
"I don't like to rush. You can't rush creativity. I have to feel it. Travelling to the US inspired me and got me to a comfortable place.
"I perform with Dru Hill whenever they are on tour and I'm around. I do a snippet of Lento while they're changing," he says.
Speedy first met Sisqo in 1998 as a fan when Zindzi Mandela booked Dru Hill to perform in Johannesburg. Their relationship has matured over the years and he now considers Sisqo his mentor and big brother. He says he first visited Sisqo's house in Baltimore, Maryland, in 2006 at Sisqo's invitation.
"He is my friend. His father drives me around when I'm in the US. Our friendship is on another level and I have Zindzi to thank for that.
"People used to laugh at me and never understood what our relationship was. I've always looked up to him and he's amazing."
"I'm much older and emotionally mature. I'd get emotional and upset in the past and would respond to everything. I've realised that one doesn't have to be aggressive when he has big songs. You don't feel the hate. A lot of my peers have either passed on or maintained a career. I'm blessed to live comfortably."
Over the years Speedy has ditched his trademark - the white towel flung over his shoulder. "It's a hip hop thing man, it's a swag thing. I'm not carrying it now, I've moved from it, maybe I'll find it again." he says.
He still does shows with Bongo Maffin, in and out of the country and he says they keep in touch through a Bongo Maffin Whatsapp group.
Reflecting on his time with the band and the reasons for err... throwing in the towel with them, Speedy says he was an "angry little boy".
But he has no regrets. "Had I not left the group I would have been lazy and not endure the struggles of life. Life humbled me to be a businessman. But it doesn't matter now, I'm back performing with them. I'm still standing and consistent."

 

 


 

insert2 ads here

Dru Hill's Sisqo 'blesses' Speedy with a platinum diamond chain Dru Hill's Sisqo 'blesses' Speedy with a platinum diamond chain Reviewed by Unknown on 1:00 AM Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.