Gould not hanging up his boots yet

 In spite of being injury-prone and over 30 years of age, former Kaizer Chiefs defender Morgan Gould says he is not retiring.

Gould endured an injury ravaged spell in the last two seasons at Amakhosi, and was subsequently released by the club as his contract ends this month. The veteran defender is among the 20 players discarded at Naturena last week.
"For me, it's a new chapter to go and experience something different at a different club," Gould told Sowetan yesterday, without giving hint of his likely destination.
"I still have two to three seasons in my legs before I call it quits."
Gould, 33, maintained that his exit from Chiefs did not come as a shock since his contract was up at the end of this month.
"The experience was great," said the former Bafana defender who won two league titles at Chiefs. "We had good and bad times like at any other work place. But the lesson is you're not guaranteed anything in life. I knew my contract was coming to an end.
"Not many people have had so many setbacks as me - injuries were part of it - but it's such challenges that make me a better person.
"I am meeting with my manager next week regarding my future."
As he comes to terms with his departure from Chiefs after four seasons, the player said he had turned to his Morgan Gould Cares Foundation to draw "positive energy".
He will host a 24-team six-a-side tournament for players under-13, u-15 and u-17 at his hometown of Noordgesig in Soweto at the local sports grounds on Saturday and Sunday.
"I am now concentrating on this tournament because I want to build it. We sell my signature headgear to raise funds, and everything goes back to the foundation for good causes.
"I want to uplift my community. There is no prize money on offer, instead we spend from our own pockets to make the kids feel special.
"For an example, we took the champions to the Carling Black Label Cup last year to give them a full-day experience."
He and his friends will play against a local invitation side as curtain raisers for the final of his tournament on June 16.

insert2 ads here

Gould not hanging up his boots yet Gould not hanging up his boots yet Reviewed by Unknown on 6:00 AM Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.